The Board of Directors has unanimously voted to implement a Discount Program see below. Porter SUD is ONLY accepting applications at this time. The Discount will not be applied until the Board sets a date to be implemented.
Discounted Base Rate -- 50% of the Regular Base Rate would be the
discounted rate (Current Base Rate is $11.00, so $5.50 would be the discounted
Military – All Veterans and Active Duty or Reservists - (Current Base Rate is
$11.00, so $5.50 would be the discounted base rate)
1. Only account holder may apply for discount and only 1 discount per account
2. Discount rate applicant must show proof of qualifying:
a. Senior Citizen – State of Texas or US Government ID showing age of 65
years or older at the time of application for discount
b. Disabled – Provide proof of Social Security or Veteran’s Administration
Disability Rating or show proof of Montgomery County, Texas providing
disabled tax exemption in their name on the account property.
c. Military – Military ID card showing qualifying status, DD-214 Discharge
forms showing qualifying status, or TDL showing Veteran’s Endorsement.
Military Veteran discount applies to current active duty and reservists as well as veterans
d. U.S. Government issued Resident Card
e. U.S. Government issued Passport/Passport Card
f. Alternate forms of identification may be accepted by District General
Manager on a case by case basis.
3. Discounts are not automatic and must be applied for by a qualifying customer
4. Discounts may only be applied to residential accounts
5. Applicant may only receive discount for one address in the District
6. Must show proof of residency at address for account
Copyright © 2018 Porter Special Utility District - All Rights Reserved.